THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blocks, Rope & Cleats

Trying to get as in depth as possible for some of the research I've been looking at regarding different components involved in the rigging of a sailboat I have been able to scavenge some equipment from the Black Pearl - Thanks!!! A few different sizes of blocks, some different styles of cleats and some old rope will allow me to set up a small rigging system that will help me in making some of my decisions regarding the set up for the operating system of my umbrella system.

Essentially my focus is going to be specifically surrounding blocks (very similar to pulleys), which will allow me to create a system to control the functionality of the 8 sections of the parasite attached to each telephone pole throughout my site. I haven't decided yet if I want this system to be manually operated or if I want to incorporate electronic capabilities into the mix. In a way I like the factor of human interaction, reliance and control of a person operated system, very much like that of a sailboat.

No comments: