THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A quick re-cap of the week @ Concordia...in depth details to come!

A quick re-cap of the Black Box week @ Concordia University...each day involved visitors, critiques, individual work, set up & informal lectures or discussions...but here is a brief description of each day, kind of...

Monday ---> Basically a day of set up and checking out the space with organization for the week ahead...see previous post titled 'Inhabiting the Black Box' for a better idea of the
space. Monsters were assembled with my new fabricated pieces, which work and look great.

Tuesday ---> During the morning we had some tours of the Hexagram facility, AMAZING! The rest of the day consisted on more set up but individually rather than group organization. Chris and I rigged up our 'telephone pole' hanging horizontal wire system (which can also be seen in the 'Inhabiting the Black Box' post) for our monsters to be suspended from, which proved effective.

Wednesday ---> I started experimentation with fiber optics after my discussion with Flower to attach to the flowing 'antenna' of my monsters (see fiber optics - light extensions for photos)...as well as progressing with circuitry and getting my monsters to interact with each other.

Thursday ---> Basically a work day again, a lot more progression with circuity...this will have to be explained more in depth with a separate post to clarify in depth...stay tuned! At this point in the week I thought it would be interesting to take my prototypical circuits and make them permanent... perhaps I didn't have enough time for this at this point in the week...ha ha but I did get it done, so I guess that's all that counts!

Friday ---> An overall crazzzzzy day trying to get prepared for 5-7pm exhibition 'Grotesque Perturbations'. At this point I had finished making my boards but they were not yet working perfectly with the monsters, therefore the day was spent in extreme frustration trying to get everything working with the help of Nick and Patrick as some new elements needed to be added to what I had created. The show went GREAT!!!

No comments: