THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Research & Prairie Grass

Getting back on track with some quality textual research that will hopefully become inspiration or at least clarity to advance with studio, here are my newest additions...

- Soft Architecture
- Architecture and...
- Modular Growth in Seed Plants
- The Driftwood Aesthetic
- The Kindergarten

Also I'm diving right into information surrounding prairie grasses and what their purpose, function & form communicates which is what the form of my walking machines seem to be leading me towards at this point in time.





To digress, I realize that while in Montreal I felt confused about what the next step I needed to take was and how I needed to interpret the form that had essentially evolved through my process - long extended structures that for whatever reason keep leading my thoughts to grass blowing in the wind (of course along with a supportive sub structure of stick like legs). If it makes any sense all of a sudden everything seems very organic and imitative of nature through not only form but action as well. What I can appreciate about what I have created is that it too is also random, not unlike grass blowing in the wind - unpredictable & confined only to the certain restraints of space or condition, whichever is present. To make the million thoughts that are running frantically through my mind at 11pm on a Thursday night simple - I'm thinking about grass blowing in the wind. Period.

No comments: