THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Automatons & my love for Value Village

After having such a great time dissecting the Teletubby I became frustrated that I would now have to work with one of my other 5 objects that somehow didn't seem quite as interesting now...

Patrick's suggestion to me during my crit session today was to turn my focus to automatons...ok I'm not gonna lie before today I really didn't know what these even were, and maybe I'm not completely sure yet but from what I understand at this point an automaton is basically a robot type object, somehow animated or given the suggestion of life, such as the painting/statues(?) - can't remember which one exactly- , in the Architect's Metier...

au·tom·a·ton (รด-tm-tn, -tn)

n. pl. au·tom·a·tons or au·tom·a·ta (-t)
1. A self-operating machine or mechanism, especially a robot.
2. One that behaves or responds in a mechanical way.


I digress... so unhappy with my collection of objects remaining which didn't seem to fit the direction I was now suggested to move in I went hunting again! After having been to Value Village every day for almost 10 days straight I wasn't optimistic about my chances of finding what I was looking for but ohhhhhh was I wrong! I am proud to introduce the newest members of my dissection process...

- Not one but TWO Hokey Pokey Elmo's!!!! (one with slightly yellow eyes...possibly liver failure?)
- A weird looking blue blog creature with huge eyes...that does crazy things...
- A dog wearing a top hat that dances and sings New York New York!


No comments: