THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Institute for Lightweight Structures - starting point - JOINTS

I've been trying to get a handle on things by finding a specific focus that I can build on. To do this I started research into the Institute for Lightweight Structures, which is AMAZING! I checked out 4 volumes and flipped through them looking for inspiration that I could possibly find direction from, this resulted in my current fascination with joints, joinery, connectivity and components. This works well with the items that I was focusing on last semester because it will allow me to take and simple idea and develop it really in depth making small changes and tweaking the design. I really liked the experimentation aspect of the manufacturing of small components so this focus should lend nicely to that as well.

Some images that I was intrigued by from the ILS were as follows...(this will only be part...I will keep posting my finds as necessary!) -

No comments: