THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tripod Component

Progressing with the substrate design I have made the decision to take cues from my body to help me to make a lot of decisions along the way, as mentioned in my previous critique by Candace. This is logical considering where I was at the end of last semester in that 'the dance' between my machine and I became obvious and our movements according to one another were evident. Taking this as a starting point, the substrate will sit at my waist height so I can begin to walk through the course that I create for the machine/virus to interact with, therefore it has a relationship with both of us, and the machine and I remain connected. To raise the substrate I'm in the process of designing a kind of stilt system that will mimic the design of the legs of the walking machine, a sort of tripod design. Tomorrow I will begin the construction of a mock up model to work out any issues that may come up.

No comments: