THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Viruses, Connections, Motion & Structure

To recap the past semester in a short summary I constructed a walking machine that allowed me to begin to examine the relationship between the upper and lower aspects of structure, experiment with fabrication in addition to connectivity and components, as well as analyze properties associated with balance and movement. My final product was an unbalanced system which relied on my interaction to create security but simultaneously created an interactive experience between myself and the machine that gradually grew into an obsession. My research focused on automatons, magic and magicians, Harry Bertoia and light.

…to get a better idea of how I’ve arrive at the following points in more than a VERY brief explanation please see my blog for my complete elaboration…

Right now what is running through my head is a parasite that exists above our heads inhabiting the unsuspecting telephone lines. Its focus is to exist by achieving balance as well as capturing it’s stability and points of rest by latching onto surrounding structures and connections, leeching off of what exists and finding opportunity. During its time of rest it begins to inhabit the space and grow into the area by creating new structure. This structure can be left behind, infecting the space, or raveled up again by the parasite and taken to a new host location. I hope to use tensile fabric structures, such as some of my inspirational research at the moment.

Currently my research surrounds the Institute of Lightweight Structures & experimental architect Lebbeus Woods. I am also focused on components of connectivity, balance, motion & adaptability.


No comments: