THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Accident...2am - 2 days before deadline

So after attaching most of the antennae I decided to take the walking machine on a bit of a test run, I have been doing after adding each component so that I could identify any potential problems gradually so as to not end up with many issues at the end. Everything was going great as it had been until the it lost its balance and slipped on the tile in the hallway crashing against the wall and falling to the floor....everything survived except for the front piece to the new foot component on the machine's right leg...dammit...

A re-make of the piece is currently being laser cut as I write this post as well as two entirely new feet which contain more material and less void space which I think was most of the problem for the breakage as can be seen in the photos. The piece that snapped was only 1/8" in thickness in a space that may be stressed quite a bit...I'm not totally sure...it could have simply been the force of the fall in general...either way, back to the drawing board!