THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Here's the deal...

After my crit at the end of last week I had a lot to think about. Here I am with this wonderful machine that has the ability to construct spaces out of light within darkness, to be honest the whole idea of that freaks me out a little even though it's really something wonderful that I didn't expect to be so complex. The plan as of Friday was to begin the thought process to translate the movement and essence of what I have created with my walking monster into possibly something else. I spent the next few days doing research looking for some precedence and also trying to come up with a design of a new machine to build. After becoming completely frustrated and overwhelmed I realized that maybe it wasn't about creating something new but instead with perfecting something that already is so rich.

No matter what ideas I was coming up with this past weekend nothing seemed to be as dynamic as the walking monster at this point in time. Maybe the thought process for that needs to become a little more developed but I think it's a sign to me that I need to concentrate and not be so quick to run away from a good thing. Therefore I am sticking with my walking monster.

The next little while will be spent perfecting technical details that were either made as quick fixes or simply because I did not have the knowledge or resources to do them differently at the time. I will meticulously go through my machine and record different elements of function to see if there are improvements that can be made (I'm sure there always are) or a way I can maybe achieve something differently. I'm happy with this decision because I'm making the decision to stick with something and work rigorously on it.

The second half of my journey for the next week and half (my current plan!) is to work on how my monster is going to be contained. Firstly I just want to say that I'm not ok with the idea of 'containing' my monster per say...I'm going to be thinking of it more in terms of creating a smaller version of the environment which my machine holds potential to function how I am intending in. Ideally I would have the room to myself and have all the lights off...but we all know that that's not possible...so I will be constructing a sort of curtain system so that an area can be blocked off with simulated darkness, to create a suggestion of a dark environment.

Hopefully all goes as planned, it should be a busy week!

No comments: