THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

supplies obtained!

Three and a half hours later I have successfully picked up all the materials on my list! Aside from the miscellaneous stuff that I needed including a new soldering iron...mine saw better days before Montreal...I got the necessary supplies to make the adjustments on my monster beginning tomorrow.


Coming up with a new solution for attaching the metal 1/8" rod legs has always been something that I have been playing around with. I now have the kit I need to start tapping so that I can give the rod a threaded section, which can then be attached to a foot with a threaded hole.

I was also successful in finding some sort of a paint that has electricity insulating properties. After doing some research I found that paint with silicon dioxide or teflon worked as good insulators but after researching further I found a product for insulating connections between two wires, which should work well for what I'm doing in terms of coating the thin rods for the antennae.

I was also able to get 42 more thin steel rods for the antennae so I will be able to complete my original vision of having quite a large amount of grassy movement on the top of the monster. Also I got the very tiny super bright LED's that I determined I needed so that the antennae could be reduced in weight from what they are currently.

I will be streamlining as much as possible in terms of weight on the monster which will hopefully allow it to not be attached to a point or a line and be self contained with all of its components.

No comments: