THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The search continues!

As it turns out the site that was my preliminary choice is actually not a good fit...bummer. My evaluation of the bridge as a relationship between the upper and lower as a representation of my machine is possibly too resolved, basically I have chosen a site which is essentially the final product of what I am trying to achieve. "The bridge" has apparently been a little overdone and does not provide the type of opportunity that I should be looking for in a site...back to the drawing board!
I am now searching for a relationship between movement and structure, which attempts to resolve or analyze the process of growth and movement. It may prove more appropriate to look for a region of sites that provides a starting point rather than a specific location that the entirety of the project is contained in. This lends well to the fact that I have always been resistant to containing the machine, maybe the site needs to be a reflection of this. I need to look at the site as a generation of space or a virus in a way. Also I need to be aware of the concept of spanning and how I with to address this as it has always been an underlying theme within my process. The site could be a combination of units, but again must contain an element of evolution and growth which in a way feed the machine and its intention. Basically I am now in search of an origin rather than a site. I am now attempting to negotiate a relationship rather than imposing a purpose or final product.

The search continues...

No comments: