THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

spaces in between - a brief introduction

I basically wanted to start to capture some of the in between spaces that I have been talking about in the past week, some of which are very focused on the areas within the housing in the area of Point Douglas. Houses typically are built in the middle of their respective lots which means there is land left surrounding them, but when placed beside another lot this space becomes larger in size and remains to be negotiated between the two houses and their owners. This space can be claimed and / or abandoned in many different ways which I have began to consider. Fences, infill housing, signage, vegetation, parking spaces or spaces for junk are a few that I have began to consider which all waver on the line between being either claimed or abandoned in some way.




Another item within the site that I have been encouraged to look further into are the existing or former power lines / towers, in terms of their significance, function and meaning to the area as a whole. I will be contacting my listed "source" this week for hopefully a little bit of information that may help me in my explorations....not sure where this will take me but I like the idea of looking at the power tower in terms of its relationship between upper and lower.

No comments: