THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

topography - 238 m above sea level

I was able to get a copy of the plans for Point Douglas which includes a bunch of different versions of the topography of the area as well as a high resolution aerial photograph. As I mentioned yesterday I am going to begin the model as a starting point for the development of the virus so I am beginning construction of the riverbank up to where the land begins to level off (part of a residential lot) which will also include a portion of the river itself. I overlaid the topography map on the aerial photo to verify which portions of the topography my construction will begin with.

In total I will be beginning with 28 steps of land which I believe are measured in cm elevation changes ranging from 23 000 cm on level ground at the top of the river bank down to 22 300 cm at the bottom of the bank, creating a level change of approximately 700 cm (7m) from river water height to where structures can begin on flat ground.




No comments: