THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

substrate; proof of concept - planning

I'm still working out the details in how I want to execute the construction of the substrate but my process of thinking is well under way. For whatever reason I seem to be getting a better grasp on what an 'in process' model consists of, it is basically exactly opposite to anything that I have ever thought of or created. I basically have to make a conscious effort to in a sense let go of the process and begin to let it almost create and design itself. Hopefully I will get an actual physical start on the model this weekend, wood will most likely be purchased tomorrow as today I went and spoke to Keith in the woodshop about which materials will suit me best.


The dimensioning for the topography lines works out well with the 1:50 scale of the model in that 1/4" MDF is 5.5cm which is actually the scale version of the 250cm height difference that each step in land contains.

As my process with the model progresses I will keep things updated!

No comments: