THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

SITE chosen! - categories for analysis

I posted the order in which the three tasks in this blog took place in reverse, more so for my own reference. Basically I set a deadline for myself to have a site chosen by Saturday night (yesterday) or else I could probably have wandered around Point Douglas forever attempting to justify many areas as potential candidates. My goal was to find an area that contained many different site conditions, all in close proximity, programming wise I guess you could say.

The area indicated below on the middle sketch is the area which I located on a zoning map and went to visit to see the potential it might have. Once arriving I toured the site locating buildings, empty lots, houses, green space, parking lots and any other major items such as large busy roads, train tracks, bridges, the river, back lane ways, paths & piles of discarded materials. I wanted to chose a space with a lot of diversity contained in the smallest area possible.

Considerations for making a site choice also included elements that were happening throughout the area on the ground plane as well as the construction of certain spaces, intentional or unintentionally formed or constructed. This is hard for me to explain at the moment but my further analysis of the area will begin to deconstruct these elements along with many other categories that I have already began to define, starting the process of creating rules and boundaries for my process.

No comments: