THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Imitation of Movement

Looking at the general paths of motion of each of my objects I then related this to the actions of certain animals so that I could attempt to mirror the movements and behaviours that each are associated with. So far only a few seemed obvious and I hope to look at others this week more carefully so that I can pair them appropriately.

From here mimicking the animals through puppetry is my next plan of action. Once each action is assigned an animal I can then extend the movements and attach a cutout to the exaggeration. The iconic images can then be projected onto the wall with a light source, therefore turning the machine into the manipulator, taking the human out of the process which is an idea I keep coming back to which is taken from The Chess Player written by Mark Sussman previously mentioned in earlier posts.

Another possibility is that the animal figures can have their own light source so that when the lights are dimmed the visuality of the machines is no longer the focus but instead the focus is the animal images which seem to be alive.

No comments: