THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Touch supportive components

Figuring out, with the circuitry that I created at the end of the weekend, what I wanted to do with my monsters has lead me into creating components to allow this to function more effectively. Basically, before I had simply placed a steel rod on the two monster's hands...but after critiques last week I have decided to move further away from the monster's animal identities and more towards viewing them instead as more like systems or simply components working together to create an action or set of occurrences. To do this I have chosen to remove the arm elements for the original toys and begin to work upwards in creating taller creatures that have a more structural identity. This involved the designing of some components because I am now creating something new instead of working with what is available to me.
The 2 new components that I am working on serve the purpose of supporting the very thin rods attached to each monster that will activate a set of independent events or occurrences. I am adding new elements to existing structural components to create extensions of pieces that work well.

No comments: