THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Review #1

So this past Thursday was official Review #1, everything went fairly well. I started things off by speaking about the research that I've been doing concerning automata and where that has been leading me in terms of magic & Robert Houdin. From there I moved into more of what I've been working on lately mainly with the Teletubby and also with YMCA Elmo. Overall I got some great feedback from Patrick and the rest of the group and hopefully this week I will begin to move forward!

Because of my research concerning Houdin lately I have been more inclined to look at the more mechanical aspects of my objects rather than the electronic necessarily. Temporarily putting aside for a few days how the objects will interact with each other I have focused my concentration on the Teletubby and perfecting his craft and overall functionality. As he functioned great how I had him constructed there is some tweaking that needs to be done, mainly craft, to get him prepared for Montreal.

Some feedback that I received from Patrick about where I am currently headed is that my project holds potential because I am working with so many objects. With this said I need to re-construct some of my objects with which I have taken the vivisection process too far so that they can begin to interact with each other more effectively. The experiments that I began to look at with a few of the vivisected parts suspended have since been put on hold seeing as they were proving less successful than what I have been doing with Elmo and Teletubby, this is probably for the best though.

As of right now I am focusing on craft, extension of parts through projection in length, creation of components to suit the needs of actions & finally an interaction between two or more of my objects - it's going to be a busy week!!!

No comments: