THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

YMCA Elmo - A video documentary of Dissection


This video shows the original state of YMCA Elmo prior to the dissection. Elmo has extensive arm movement and is able to rotate his head from side to side as well as balance on one foot - all of this intrigued me to see what was inside!


This video was taken after day 1 of the dissection. Basically at this point I had removed all of Elmo's red fur and stuffing and was able to see the functioning skeleton underneath all the cuteness! I was amazed at the capabilities of the arms still at this point as I could now see the multiple joints of which they were constructed of. At this stage Elmo still functioned exactly how he did before - no evident changes other than an increase in volume due to the lack of sound buffering from thick fur.


This video was taken after the dissection was complete. I was able to remove the front casing of Elmo's body so that I could see how the gears were interacting with one another which gave me insight as to how he was able to function so extensively. To get to this stage every wire needed to be extended because they were so short that they made it near impossible for the torso casing to be removed - this took forever! When completed I removed the casing which unfortunately took some parts with it which caused sensors to fall out of place - thus causing my biggest headache so far! After about 4 hours of hearing YMCA over and over and over I have gotten him back into general working order however there seems to still be some glitches. I must have some of the sensors reversed because I am getting different results than initially. I have despite this finished the vivisection, yay, and have been playing around with the switches and motors within Elmo thinking of possibilities for the next stage....the monster!

No comments: