THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New touch puppets

While doing some research tonight to hopefully find some inspiration for some more of my objects within the world of puppetry I came across an old fashioned toy commonly known as either the 'climbing man' or 'climbing monkey'. Basically the toy consists of a figure suspended between two strings with the ability to slide up and down according to which string is pulled due to friction creation in the manner of which the strings are attached. When the toy moves up the strings it appears as though it is climbing - I find this absolutely fascinating! So I picked a member of my army and gave it a try!




I decided to use YMCA Elmo because he has similar arm actions to that of a human, if that was whom were to be controlling the toy. This worked great! Originally I made the figure out of paper and then decided to switch to a metal plate because I could create the same effect that I had with my walking monsters touching each other. Here is the outcome so far...


No comments: