THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Traces of Light


I decided to track some of the movement of the monster (formerly the Teletubby) today by recording its sporadic walking while having the lights dimmed so that I could concentrate on the actions of the upper limbs in particular. Attached to the ends of each arm is a small light bulb (not an LED) extracted from the sparkle tummy panel of the original toy. I was fascinated to see that the movement was very different each time I activated him adding to the general sense of chaos. The flailing arms created gorgeous curves of light each unique and equally intriguing. Hopefully I will be able to set up a similar experiment involving the legs once the foot attachment is completed to see if I achieve similar results even though the movement doesn't seem as extreme.

No comments: